How To Dab Blog | Headed West Colorado
In this Headed West How To Dab Blog, we will cover the basics of dabbing for all the beginners out there who want to dive into the world of dabbing! Dabbing can be intimidating to those who have never done it, so we are here to help you out!
What is Dabbing?
Nowadays, “dabbing” is a form of vaporizing plant-based extracts using high heated methods to dissolve wax or oil-based products instantly. When high heat is applied directly to the waxy material, it turns from a solid to liquid to a vapor state instantaneously.
Back in the day, it used to be called “hot knifing.” This is when you would heat two knives on a stove and press them together over the waxy product…we’ve come a long way from then!
What is Wax?
Wax gets created as a byproduct of the extraction process when plant material is added to an extraction device that uses gases at high pressure. This pulls the crystals off the plant leaves and leaves behind a sticky and waxy, almost resin-like residue in a dish below. The resin left behind is what is known as wax!
There are many extraction methods nowadays and ways that wax, oils, and crystals are created, but that’s not what this blog is about, so we won’t be getting into it further. However, a quick search on the web can show you the complete process.
Basic Dab Setup
The most basic dab setup includes a dab device, torch lighter, a heat-resistant dish, and your favorite wax! Dab devices include nectar straws, dab straws, quartz nails, dab rigs, wax pens, and ceramic porous discs. Torches are lighters that use butane to produce a high heat flame in a cone shape. Heat-resistant dishes are used to contain the wax on a safe surface area.
In our How to Dab video, we used these items; 1 Hydro-Dab Straw, 1 Eagle Torch, 1 Jar of Redwood Reserves CBDdab, one dab tool, and a metal tray to hold everything!
Our friendly Headed West staff is available to help get you the proper setup, from beginners who want to try it to advanced users that want the latest in deb-tech.
How to Dab
- Grab all the items listed above.
- Open the wax jar, then using a dab tool, take a small pea-sized chunk of waxy product and place it on a heat-safe dish.
- Take the silicone protecting tip off the dabbing end of the Hydro Dab Straw and start heating that end with the torch. Hold the torch about an inch away with the conical flame pointing directly at the tip of the dab straw. Be sure to rotate the dab straw while heating it, so it doesn’t start glowing red.
- Heat for about 15-30 seconds. You will notice the flame coming off the back end of the tip change colors, which is a good indication of when to start dabbing.
- THIS IS HOT. BE CAREFUL. Point the heated end of the dab, staw at the wax and then press it into your wax while inhaling through the other end.
- Congratulations! You’ve dabbed for the first time!
Did you love it? If so, Headed West has literally hundreds of dabbing accessories to get you started. We have it all, from the most basic dab setup to the high-end connoisseur!
Do torches and high-heat flames intimate you? Well, guess what? We have plenty of electronic dab devices that will put that fear at rest! Check out our dab devices here! – VAPORIZERS
Heating Glass with a torch creates a scorching tip, and it will burn you if you are not careful, so practice many times before you start. Always do it away from flammable objects. CBD Dab in this video is made of legal farm hemp and is 50 state legal. This blog is intended for peoples twenty-one and above. By watching this How to Dab Video and How to Dab blog, you agree not to hold Headed West accountable for any actions that may happen. We want you to be safe, so don’t mess around with torches or hot glass.